POSITION: Social Media Community Specialist
Reporting Structure: Social Media Community Specialist > Marketing Director
TYPE: Full time
LOCATION: Vancouver, B.C
withinUs™ is a female-founded, privately-owned, Canadian company based out of Vancouver, B.C. Since 2013, withinUs has provided premium-select and innovative natural health products. withinUs was the first company to offer a premium select-grade marine collagen peptide to the North American market, and is the fastest growing health and wellness company in Canada.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Social Media Community Specialist to join our dynamic team at withinUs. As a Social Media Community Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in amplifying our brand story through all of our product, people, community & culture stories. You'll get to own all of our social channels through managing, measuring, crafting, and executing our social media strategy to engage and build meaningful connections with our brand, target audience, community and ambassadors. We want to find that unicorn that thrives in entrepreneurial environments and feeds off the ever-changing marketing landscape. Keeping on top of our competitors? No problem. Outreaching in new markets? Sounds exciting! Collaboration with the marketing team? Always ready for teamwork. This role is ideal for someone who’s passionate about social media & community building and looking to gain an exceptional and rewarding experience in marketing with the opportunity to grow their career.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media & community strategy along with the marketing team to drive brand awareness, engagement, and conversions
- Shoot and edit quick consumption videos on your phone for FaceBook, Instagram, and Tik Tok
- Brainstorm, create and curate compelling content for all our social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Threads and LinkedIn, understanding each sites’ demographic and trends.
- Monitor and engage with our online and offline communities, responding to comments, messages, and inquiries in a professional manner, representing the brand and its values on our socials at all times. This role may require travel to community events.
- Collaborate with the graphic design and web team to design visually appealing and on-brand social media assets and graphics.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns, optimizing performance and ROI.
- Conduct market research and stay up-to-date with industry trends and competitor activity to identify new opportunities and trends, including possible AI implementation.
- Track, analyze, and report on social media metrics to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and provide insights for improvement, as well as
- Understanding KPI’s and defining them specifically for social media, as well as tracking the performance of previous campaigns.
- Stay informed about emerging social media platforms, trends and tools, recommending innovative strategies to enhance our online presence and reach.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, and customer service, to ensure consistent messaging and brand alignment across channels.
- Stay updated on best practices and industry regulations related to social media marketing.
- Collaborate with new and existing social media influencers and brands to help promote withinUs and its sales and promotions.
- Work weekends or evenings as required.
- Work within a dynamic team participating in larger campaigns and executing on required social media tactics to drive campaign goals.
The successful candidate must have:
- 1 to 2 years in a social media, digital marketing or marketing role with the ability to shoot, edit simple videos/reels and create short-form and long-form content
- University degree or college diploma in English, Marketing or Communications, or similar fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with a keen eye for grammar
- A passion for social media, social media trends, content creation & community building
- You’re a self-motivated, fast learner who enjoys being both a self-starter and collaborating in a team environment
- You’re a strong communicator who can interact effectively with team members, customer service and build solid working relationships
- Experience using Later or social media scheduling and reporting software is an asset
- Experience working with influencers (either paid or organic) is an asset
- Photoshop or editing experience with Final Cut Pro is an asset
- Design Experience using Canva is an asset
- Be available to travel and attend to on-set shoots and community events
THE TEAM AND CULTURE AT WITHINUS
- Forward-thinking, and solutions-oriented
- Collaborative, passionate, and highly effective
- Supportive, and resilient
- Motivated, empowered, and committed
- Solution-orientated, accountable, with a strong desire to achieve
- Caring and fun
- Built on friendship and trust Be part of an innovative, growing business, supported by a collaborative team.
We are proudly female-founded and are Canada's leader in premium collagen health and wellness products. withinUs has been recognized for several years in a row by Canadian Business and The Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s top-growing companies. Established in 2013, withinUs was quickly recognized for its innovative, premium natural health products. Since the beginning, withinUs has focussed on telling our story, connecting, building relationships, and developing product loyalty. It is our transparency, and authenticity, along with providing the best products available that has been the trademark of our success.
PERKS AT WITHINUS
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus opportunities based on personal & company performance
- Your birthday off
- Dog-friendly office
- On-site kitchen offering food, snacks, and smoothie options
- On-site parking
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Paid volunteer days
- Extended health and dental plan (after 3 months)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Complimentary withinUs products
- Friends and family discounts on withinUs products
- Education and Development up to $5,000.00 per calendar year
- Green initiative for daily commuters
- RRSP Matching Program (after 2 years)
- Fitness Subsidy
After 3-month probationary period
HOW WE HIRE
withinUs is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent, and the selection process is unbiased, we will not respond to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at withinUs, however, only those being considered for opportunities will be contacted.
We believe in growth and curiosity. If this post made you smile and excited to learn more about it - we want to hear from you.
withinUs is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. Diversity, inclusion, & belonging are fundamental in our vision to create a more inclusive future.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
withinUs gratefully acknowledge the opportunity to work, grow and learn together on this traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.