Traditionally, matcha is made in a bowl, using a bamboo spoon and whisk for measuring and mixing. Using the bamboo spoon, two scoops of matcha are poured into a bowl. Approximately 2 ounces of hot water are added, (the water should be just under a boil – if it is too hot, it will scorch the matcha and leave a slightly bitter flavour). The water and matcha are combined using a chasen (the bamboo whisk), which is moved in a zig-zag motion until froth appears on the surface. Finally, more water is added – up to 6 additional ounces, depending on the preferred strength.
While traditional matcha is amazing, there are many alternative ways to enjoy this incredible superfood.
¼ cup pre-boiling water
1 ½ teaspoons withinUs TruOrganic™ Matcha
1 scoop (5g) withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen
¾ cup non-dairy milk of choice
Optional: sweetener of choice, to taste (honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar)
1. Combine withinUs TruOrganic™ Matcha, wiithinUs TruMarine™ Collagen, and sweetener (optional) in your favourite mug.
2. Add ¼ cup of pre-boiled water. Whisk in “m” or “w” motion until a layer of foam forms at the surface.
3. Add ¾ cup of warmed or steamed non-dairy milk to the matcha and collagen mixture.
4. Enjoy warm, or pour over ice for a cold beverage.
1 cup of hot water - slightly cooler than boiling
1 tsp of withinUs TruOrganic™ Matcha
1 tsp of organic virgin coconut oil (we use Nuvita)
1 scoop (5g) of withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen
Optional - sweetener of your choice
1. Pour hot (not boiling) water into a blender or Vitamix
2. Add withinUs TruOrganic™ Matcha, TruMarine™ Collagen and organic virgin coconut oil
3. Blend for 10-20 seconds, until a nice layer of froth appears at the surface
4. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
1/2 c. organic oats
1 c. organic dairy or non-dairy milk
1 ripe organic banana
1/3 c. organic chia seeds
1/3 c. organic cacao nibs
1 tbsp organic coconut flakes
1/2 c. organic blackberries
1/2 c. organic raspberries
3-5g of TruMarine™ Collagen (1 stick pack or 1 scoop)
1 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
1. In a bowl, mash banana with a fork
2. Combine banana, oats. milk, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, chia seeds, TruMarine™ Collagen and sweeter (optional) in a bowl and mix thoroughly
3. Cover and place in the fridge
4. Add blackberries and raspberries and additional cacao nibs and coconut flakes in the morning