POSITION: Director Of Operations
REPORTING TO: CEO
TYPE: Full time
LOCATION: On-site in Vancouver, B.C
withinUs™ is a female-founded, independent, Canadian company based out of Vancouver, B.C. Since 2013, withinUs delivers premium-select and innovative natural health products, and superior customer care. withinUs was the first company to offer a premium select-grade marine collagen peptide to the North American market, and is the fastest-growing health and wellness company in Canada.
To help us continue growing, we are seeking an experienced, organized leader who has the ability to develop innovative solutions that push boundaries, while effectively meeting company financial and customer experience objectives. As the Director of Operations, you will work in collaboration with other executive leaders and departments to develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity, and success at withinUs. This is a very important part of the business operations that includes day-to-day and strategic operations. This exciting role is ideal for someone that is passionate, experienced in operations within a similar industry, and is a natural leader who enjoys coaching and providing ongoing development to a team of talented employees.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of shipping and logistics of D2C and retail orders
- Strategize and negotiate with suppliers, vendors, and third-party partnerships effectively for scaled production growth
- Assess and build out the existing SOPs (standard operating procedures) and systems for operations, logistics and fulfillment.
- Determine company’s strategic growth plan as part of the leadership team
- Has a “finger on the pulse” with inventory at all times in all facilities
- Ensure quality and inventory control are in place to meet service standards
- Develop and manage annual operations budgets, track invoices from suppliers, analyze costs, and report on gross margin goals and cost-savings opportunities
- Transparency with reporting product defects, short expiry products, and out of stock and low/over stock items
- Responsible for all QA protocols
- Lead and mentor a passionate team that consists of operations, logistics, fulfillment and supply chain employees
- Audit and optimize warehouse space, backend systems, and platforms
- Continuous improvement of operational costs including product COGS, packaging, shipping and logistics
- Managing the budget for supply and headcount
- Lead the S&OP process (Sales and Operations Planning) monthly meeting and provide weekly / monthly reporting as needed, including procurement, and all inventory details by SKU
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess operational performance and take action to achieve targets for your team
- Stay updated with industry trends and innovations, incorporating relevant advancements into the company’s operations
- Working collaboratively with team and management
- Productivity measures implemented and monitored by leveraging technology, equipment, and best practices.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience: A minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience in a senior-level operational management role with at least 2+ years of experience in Natural or Health & Wellness industry. Experience with US market distribution is strongly preferred.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management.
- Industry Knowledge: Excellent understanding of the food, health product, and consumer products industry. Proven ability in developing and delivering distribution and supply chain goals, while supporting the organization in achieving sales targets. Experience working with NPN Certified Products, Health Canada, and other certifying bodies is also a requirement.
- Leadership: You are a proven leader with the ability to build positive working relationships with team members at all levels. Direct reports will include an Assistant Operations Manager and Warehouse Manager. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing a warehouse and capacity planning.
- Communication: Strong verbal, writing, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Business Acumen: Strong analytical, strategic, and negotiation skills .
- Technologically Savvy: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM systems with a basic understanding of AI and how it can be utilized in both practical and comprehensive solutions. Experience with ecomm CPG platforms including Shopify, Inflow, and Shipstation Commercehub is also a requirement.
- The expected salary range for this role starts at $120,000 CAD, with flexibility depending on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Please note that the expected salary range provided is derived from a group of like roles within the local market. The final offer amount for this role will be dependent on applicable experience, knowledge and skillset of the candidate.
THE TEAM AND CULTURE AT WITHINUS
- Forward-thinking, and solutions-oriented
- Collaborative, passionate, and highly effective
- Supportive, and resilient
- Motivated, empowered, and committed
- Solution-orientated and accountable
- Caring and fun
- Built on friendship and trust, be part of an innovative, growing business, supported by a collaborative team.
We are proudly female-founded and are Canada's leader in premium collagen health and wellness products. withinUs has been recognized for several years in a row by Canadian Business and The Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s top-growing companies. Established in 2013, withinUs was quickly recognized for its innovative, premium natural health products. Since the beginning, withinUs has focused on telling our story, connecting, building relationships, and developing product loyalty. It is our transparency, and authenticity, along with providing the best products available that has been the trademark of our success.
PERKS AT WITHINUS
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus opportunities based on personal & company performance
- Celebrate your birthday with a paid day off!
- “Hybrid” Dog-friendly office
- On-site kitchen offering food, snacks, and smoothie options
- Referral bonus program incentive
- “Giving Back” initiative that includes a paid volunteer day and company matched employee charitable donations
- Extended health and dental plan (after 3 months)
- Complimentary withinUs products
- Friends and family discounts on withinUs products
- Education and Development opportunities
- Green initiative for daily commuters
- RRSP Matching Program (after 2 years)
- Fitness Subsidy
After 3-month probationary period
HOW WE HIRE
withinUs is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent, and the selection process is unbiased, we will not respond to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at withinUs, however, only those being considered for opportunities will be contacted.
withinUs is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. Diversity, inclusion, & belonging are fundamental in our vision to create a more inclusive future.
We believe in growth and curiosity. If this post made you smile and excited to learn more about it - we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Robyn Green at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
withinUs gratefully acknowledge the opportunity to work, grow and learn together on this traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.