POSITION: Content Creator/Social Media Coordinator
DIRECT REPORTS: Content Creator/Social Media Coordinator > Marketing Specialist > Marketing Director
TYPE: Full time
LOCATION: Vancouver, B.C
We are adding to our team in a discerning search for an experienced and dynamic Content Creator/Social Media Coordinator to support our entrepreneurial withinUs team in running a diverse, successful, and rapidly growing business.
This is a unique opportunity to work alongside a growing brand with a team that is passionate about people, health, innovation, and creativity. You are a customer service professional with an upbeat personality and the ability to maintain a calm and friendly demeanour while managing multiple projects. Your personal presence, communication and organizational skills have been demonstrated in previous roles. You are able to work independently and take pride in your work, holding yourself accountable, and the withinUs team, for the success of a smooth-running office and business operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Content Creator/Social Media Coordinator is responsible for managing, executing, and measuring our social media content. They will manage our social content schedule and be responsible for community management. They will work closely with our marketing team, photographers and designers to support seasonal marketing campaigns. This role is ideal for someone who’s passionate about social media and looking to gain further experience in the marketing industry.
As the Social Media Coordinator, you will:
- Grow withinUs’ social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, LinkedIn) by sourcing, curating, editing and posting engaging content based on trending and industry best practices
- Shoot and edit quick consumption videos on your phone on FB, Instagram, Tik Tok, as needed
- Help brainstorm and create new content ideas that can be impactful for engagement on our social channels
- Monitor conversations online to engage with our target audience and current customers on our social media platforms
- Regularly review analytics and reporting to understand how each platform is performing against our goals, and work collaboratively to improve results.
- Understanding KPIs and defining them specifically for social media, as well as tracking the performance of previous campaigns
- Research and stay ahead of digital trends and conversations to find opportunities
- Work within a dynamic team participating in larger campaigns and executing on required social media tactics to drive campaign goals
- Work weekends or evenings as required
The successful candidate must have:
- 1 to 2 years in a social media, digital marketing or marketing role with the ability to shoot, edit simple videos/reels and create short-form and long-form content
- University degree or college diploma in English, Marketing or Communications, or similar fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with a keen eye for grammar
- A passion for social media, social media trends and content creation
- You’re a self-motivated, fast learner who enjoys being both a self-starter and collaborating in a team environment
- You’re a strong communicator who can interact effectively with team members and build solid working relationships
- Experience using Later or social media scheduling and reporting software is an asset
- Experience working with influencers (either paid or organic) is an asset
- Design experience (Canva, Adobe) - (not essential, but desirable)
- Photoshop or editing experience - (not essential, but desirable)
THE TEAM AND CULTURE AT WITHINUS
- Forward-thinking, and solutions-oriented
- Collaborative, passionate, and highly effective
- Supportive, and resilient
- Motivated, empowered, and committed
- Solution-orientated, accountable, with a strong desire to achieve
- Caring and fun
- Built on friendship and trust Be part of an innovative, growing business, supported by a collaborative team.
We are proudly female-founded and are Canada's leader in premium collagen health and wellness products. withinUs has been recognized for several years in a row by Canadian Business and The Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s top-growing companies. Established in 2013, withinUs was quickly recognized for its innovative, premium natural health products. Since the beginning, withinUs has focussed on telling our story, connecting, building relationships, and developing product loyalty. It is our transparency, and authenticity, along with providing the best products available that has been the trademark of our success.
PERKS AT WITHINUS
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus opportunities based on personal & company performance
- Your birthday off
- Dog-friendly office
- On-site kitchen offering food, snacks, and smoothie options
- On-site parking
- Referral bonus program incentive
- Paid volunteer days
- Extended health (3 months) and dental plan (6 months)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Complimentary withinUs products
- Friends and family discounts on withinUs products
- Education and Development up to $5,000.00 per calendar year
- Green initiative for daily commuters
- RRSP Matching Program (after 2 years)
- Fitness Subsidy
After 3-month probationary period
HOW WE HIRE
withinUs is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent, and the selection process is unbiased, we will not respond to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at withinUs, however, only those being considered for opportunities will be contacted.
We believe in growth and curiosity. If this post made you smile and excited to learn more about it - we want to hear from you.
withinUs is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. Diversity, inclusion, & belonging are fundamental in our vision to create a more inclusive future.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence below We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
withinUs gratefully acknowledge the opportunity to work, grow and learn together on this traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.