The TruMarine Team is fortunate and grateful to have built great relationships with hard-working entrepreneurs, business owners, health practitioners, influential media/television personalities, and celebrities.
Kaitlyn Bristowe is one of these 'TruSupporters.' Born in Leduc, Alberta, she is best known as a contestant on the nineteenth season of ABC's The Bachelor and as the lead on the eleventh season of The Bachelorette. We adore her wit, honesty and her good heart. Oh, and in case you were wondering, she is not sponsored or paid to mention our product - she is a TruBeliever! We are beyond grateful that she supports our local business. When she mentioned withinUs TruMarine Collagen in her blog and to her followers on Twitter-nation - the response was nothing short of amazing!
Kaitlyn is a fun-loving, good sport and when we asked her if she would play ‘21 Questions' with us - true to form, she was totally game to participate.
1. How do you like to 'stir-it-up' using withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen? How did you first hear about our product?
I put a scoop in my morning coffee and a scoop in my sleepy time tea before bed.
I first heard about withinUs TruMarine™ Collagen last year. I was taking a spin class at Eastwood Cycle and felt like I was coming down with a cold, so Jillian sent me down the street to Nectar Juicery. The knowledgeable staff there told me all about the benefits of TruMarine Collagen, and I left with a box of it. I was so excited to try it!
2. What benefits have you experienced from taking withinUsTruMarine™ Collagen?
We all know that once you start seeing results, you can’t stop!
First, I noticed my nails growing, which never happens. Then people would comment on my glowing skin - so I was hooked! After about 6 weeks, I could tell the overall health of my hair, skin and nails was noticeably different in the best way possible.
3. How do you relieve and reduce stress in your life?
I meditate!! I’ve been meditating for a few months now and it really keeps me calm. That, and watching Ellen. Haha!
4. We understand you are a great cook! What is your specialty item?
Pulled chicken tacos. The poaching liquid, pico de gallo and lime dressing, are all made from scratch! The whole process takes me about 3 hours.
I would give you the recipe but I don't want to overwhelm you- it's NOT easy.
5. What is your exercise routine like?
I usually have either Shawn or my trainer, Erin Oprea give me a backyard workout. I incorporate weights, ab rollers, boxing, and TRX bands.
I've really stepped up my workout game because I have to be next to my ripped fiancé all the time.
6. What is your favorite food/snack? Guilty pleasure/vice?
Hands down, my favorite food is sushi. Salmon sashimi and a spicy tuna roll. I could eat those rolls everyday for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and be happy.
I snack on fruits, veggies, and almonds.
My guilty pleasure is chips or French fries- and I eat dark chocolate every day, guilt free!!
7. What are some of the qualities you love about Shawn?
Shawn is a loyal guy. He’s loyal to everyone - to his family, friends, his dog, my family, and to me. He's got a good heart, a great sense of humor, and his love for animals is so sweet.
8. How old is Tucker (Shawn’s Golden Retriever)? Did you have dogs growing up?
Tucker (his nickname is Doodle) is 8 years old, and that makes me so sad. I'm so jealous that Shawn has known Doodle his whole life and I have only known him for a year! I had small dogs growing up and have always loved Golden Retrievers.
9. Favorite show to binge watch?
This is so weird, but Family Guy.
10. You travel often, what are some of your travel must-haves?
Hydrating mist, dry shampoo, cute hats and big scarves that can be used as blankets on the plane. And DUH, my TruMarine Collagen stick packs!
11. What are some of your favorite online shopping websites?
12. Who was your favorite teacher growing up, and why?
Her name was Mrs. Malcolm. She was so calm, patient, funny and kind. She was my teacher in grade 1 and then again in grade 3 - I felt so lucky because I had a great bond with her. Also, my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Hopkins . I still text her every once in awhile, and she now teaches my niece. She's such a sweetheart.
13. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
The Canary Islands or on an African Safari.
14. What is one of the biggest challenges that has come along with being a reality TV star?
One of the biggest challenges is having people judge my every move and dealing with a lot of pressure. It is not only hard on me, but on my family as well.
15. What is a common misconception about you that isn’t true? How difficult is it to not take things personally?
People often think I have zero insecurities and that my relationship with Shawn is perfect. But I do have insecurities and sometimes my relationship is hard work.
Overall, I try not to take things personally and think I handle things really well- but the judgement and pressure does get to me from time to time.
16. Can you share with us, one of your most embarrassing moment?
It takes A LOT for me to feel embarrassed. But one moment that comes to mind is when I was in a musical and went a different way off stage, so I ended up in the middle of a fight scene and I was taken out by a guy. I completely fell flat on my butt and everyone started laughing! I quickly jumped up to get off stage and tripped and fell AGAIN.
17. If you could donate money to one charity, what would it be?
This is a great question. I would donate money to any charity that has to do with helping children.
18. What is your favourite type of music, and what is the best live concert you have been to?
My favourite music genres are country and rap. The best concert I've ever been to was probably Justin Bieber. Hahaha! Believe it or not, I haven't been to many concerts and his was highly entertaining!
19. Who is your celebrity crush?
Chris Hemsworth, Paul Rudd, and Shawn Booth.
20. What is your pet-peeve?
When people don’t have manners.
21. What is one piece of advice you would give to other couples planning their weddings?
I'll tell ya when I know!